- Ultrasound imaging system is a cardiac scaning modality with the highest temporal resolution.
- We want to measure the left ventricualr (LV) volume at each time to provide the quantitative parameters of clinical evaluation of cardiac function. For exmaple, 'volume stroke' or 'ejection fraction'.
- Automateic real-time segmentatino of LV is needed because manual tracing is tedius, time-consuming and impractical.
- We also propose an energy functional using the pre-determined Rayleigh distribution parameter ¥ò * = ¥ò1.
- We incorporate a few control points and shape constraints into the energy functional to prevent contour leakage though gaps by weak edges.
- We numerically implement using the steepest descent approach of the energy functional.
- We analyze the characteristics of speckle of blood and tissue in ultrasound images.
- We propose the decomposition method of Rayleigh distribution parameters ¥ò1, ¥ò2 from histogram data h of LV image u.
- By the decomposition method, non-linear and ill-posed problem is changed into linear least square problem.
1. Synthetic Images
2. Real Images