Postdoctoral Fellow (2015.9.1~present)
Reinforcement Learning and Artificial Intelligence Lab.,
Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Address: 408 Athabasca Hall, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada T6G 2E8.
Ph.D. in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea, 2015
(Area of Specialization: Reinforcement Learning and Optimal Control, click here for Ph. D. dissertation).
B.E. in Information & Control Engineering, Kwangwoon University, Seoul, Korea, 2006
(Major: Information & Control Engineering, Minor: Electronic Engineering).
Area of Specialization
Current Research Interests
1. Reinforcement Learning and Dynamic Programming in Continuous Time and Space
1) Policy iteration and reinforcement learning (e.g., TD learning and off-policy methods) in stochastic/deterministic environment;
2) Off-policy and generalized policy iteration methods for reinforcement learning and optimal control;
3) Adaptive optimal control by reinforcement learning and dynamic programming.
2. Systems and Control (theory and its applications to real-world problems)
1) Theory (e.g., regarding stability and optimality) on adaptive optimal control of dynamic systems;
2) Multi-agent systems and control with distributed consensus, and its applications to autonomous multi-vehicles and robotics.
Folland G. B., Real analysis: modern techniques and their applications. John Wiley & Sons, 2013.