Home Page of Eun-Jae Park
Professor of Mathematics
Dept. of Computational Science and Engineering
Yonsei University, Seoul 03722, Korea
CSE 611, Advanced Science & Technology Center
MATH 202, Science Hall
+82-2-2123-6127 (CSE), +82-2-2123-4487 (Math)
I am also affiliated with the CMAC (Center for Mathematical Analysis and Computation) and the Department of Mathematics, Yonsei University.
More information can be found in Google Scholar.
1988 - 1993 Purdue University, West Lafayette, PhD
1997 - present Yonsei University, Seoul, (Assistant/Associate/Full) Professor
2013 - 2014 Naval Postgraduate School, Visiting Professor
2006 - 2007 University of Texas at Austin, J. Tinsley Oden Faculty Fellow
1996 - 1997 University of Wyoming, USA, Visiting Assistant Professor
1994 - 1996 University of Trento, Italy, CNR Visiting Professor
1993 - 1994 Purdue University, USA, Visiting Instructor
Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics, 2015 - present
Journal of the Korean Mathematical Society, 2013 - present
Trends in Computational Science and Engineering, 2013 - present
Modeling and Computation for Flow and Transport, 2010 - present
Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics, 2006 - present
Journal of the KSIAM, 2012 - 2014
Bulletin of the Korean Mathematical Society, 2009 - 2012
Communications of the Korean Mathematical Society, 2001 - 2002
National Research Foundation (NRF)
Mathematical Review, American Mathematical Society (AMS)
US National Science Foundation
Numerical Analysis, Scientific Computation, Domain Decomposition Methods,
Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, Parallel Computing, Multiscale Computing
Conferences Organized (Selected)
- International Workshop on Analysis and Scientific Computing (19th Daewoo workshop), July 19-23, 1999, Postech, Pohang.
International Conference on Computational Mathematics (Com2MaC), December 9-12, 2003, Postech, Pohang.
- International Workshop and Tutorial on Computational Mathematics - Advances in Computational PDEs, March 25-28, 2013, Yonsei University.
- International Workshop on Computational Mathematics - Advances in Computational PDEs (ICM 2014 Satellite Conference), August 9-12, 2014, Yonsei University.
- DD XXIII: Internatioanl Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, July 6-10, 2015,ICCJEJU, JEJU ISLAND, Korea.
- Special Session: Advances in Finite Element Methods and Related Topics, 2015 KMS Annual Meeting, October 23-25, 2015, Yonsei University.
- Minisymposium: Advances in Modeling and Simulation of Population Dynamics and Tumor Growth, 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM XII), July 24-29, 2016, COEX, Seoul.
- Minisymposium:Mixed Finite Element and Hybrid Discontinuous Galerkin Methods, 12th World Congress on Computational Mechanics (WCCM XII), July 24-29, 2016, COEX, Seoul.
Selected Invited Presentations
The 9th U.S. National Congress on Computational Mechanics (USNCCM IX), July 23-26, 2007, San Francisco, USA
The 6th International conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, June 2-5, 2008, Pusan, Korea.
International conference on Recent Trends in Computational Partial Differential Equations, December 10-13, 2008, IIT Bombay, Mumbai, India.
The thirteenth conference on the Mathematics of Finite Elements and Applications (MAFELAP 2009), June 9-12, 2009, Brunel University, London, England.
2009 First Joint International Meeting of KMS and AMS, December 16-20, 2009,Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
ICIAM 2011, July 18-22, 2011, Vancouver, BC, Canada.
International Conference on Computational Methods in Applied Mathematics CMAM-5, July 30 - August 3, 2012, Humboldt University of Berlin, Berlin, Germany
WONAPDE 2013: Fourth Chilean Workshop on Numerical Analysis of Partial Differential Equations, January 14 - 18, 2013, University of Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
MAFELAP 2013: THE MATHEMATICS OF FINITE ELEMENTS AND APPLICATIONS 2013, 11 - 14 June 2013, Brunel University, London, England
ICES/USACM Workshop on Minimum Residual and Least Squares Finite Element Methods, November 4-6, 2013, UT-Austin,Texas, USA
Oberwolfach workshop on Computational multiscale methods, June 22-28, 2014, Oberwolfach, Germany
ICIAM 2015: The 8th International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics, Aug 10-14, 2015, Beijing, China
Oberwolfach workshop on Computational Engineering,27 September - 3 October 2015, Oberwolfach, Germany
10th International Conference on Scientific Computing and Applications, ICSCA 2016, June 6 - 10, 2016, the Fields Institute, Toronto, Canada
The Sixth China-Japan-Korea Joint Conference on Numerical Mathematics, August 22-26, 2016, NIMS, Daejeon, Korea
International Conference on Recent Advance in Theoretical and Computational Partial Differential Equations with Applications, December 5-9, 2016, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
IMACS2016 - 20th IMACS WORLD CONGRESS, December 10-14, 2016, Xiamen, China
DD XXIV: Internatioanl Conference on Domain Decomposition Methods, February 6-10, 2017, Svalbard, Norway
Workshop on Non-local Material Models and Concurrent Multiscale Methods, Hausdorff Trimester Program, April 3-7, 2017, Bonn, Germany
- Eun-Jae Park, Mixed finite element methods for nonlinear second order elliptic problems, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. v.32 (1995), 865--885
- Eun-Jae Park, A primal hybrid finite element method for a strongly nonlinear second order elliptic problem, Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations, v.11, no.1 (1995), 61--75
- F. Milner and Eun-Jae Park, A mixed finite element method for a strongly nonlinear second order elliptic problem, Math. Comp. v.64 (1995), 973--988,
- M.-Y. Kim, Eun-Jae Park, An upwind scheme for a nonlinear model in age structured population dynamics, Comput. Math. Appl. v.30, no.8 (1995), 5--17
- M.-Y. Kim, Eun-Jae Park, Mixed approximation of a population diffusion equation, Comput. Math. Appl. v.30, no.12 (1995), 23--33
- Fabio A. Milner and Eun-Jae Park,Mixed finite element methods for the Hamilton-Jacobi-Bellman type equations, IMA J. Numer. Anal 16 (1996), 401-414
- M.-Y. Kim, F.A. Milner, and Eun-Jae Park, Some observations on mixed methods for fully nonlinear parabolic problems in divergence form, Appl. Math. Lett. 9 (1996), 75-81
- M.-Y. Kim, and Eun-Jae Park, A time discretization for mixed approximation for generalized Forchheimer flow in porous media, Z. Angew. Math. Mech. 76 (1996), 493-494
- M.-Y. Kim and Eun-Jae Park, The p-version of the mixed finite element method for nonlinear second order elliptic problems, Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 12 (1996), 1-11
- Eun-Jae Park, Mixed methods for nonlinear second order elliptic problems in three variables, Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 12 (1996), 41-57
- Mimmo Iannelli, and M.-Y. Kim, Eun-Jae Park, Splitting methods for the numerical approximation on some models age-structured population dynamics and eoidemiology, Appl. Math. Comput. 87 (1997), 69-93
- M.-Y. Kim and Eun-Jae Park, Characteristic finite element methods for diffusive epidemic models with age-structured populations, Appl. Math. Comput. 97 (1998), 55-70
- Sebastian Anita, Mimmo Iannelli, M.-Y. Kim, Eun-Jae Park, Optimal harvesting for periodic age-dependent population dynamics, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 58 (1998), 1648-1666
- L. Wu, M. Allen, and Eun-Jae Park, Mixed finite-element solution of reaction- diffusion equations using a two-grid method, Computational Methods in Water Resources, vol XII (1998), 217-224
- M. Iannelli and M.-Y. Kim, Eun-Jae Park,Asymptotic behavior for an epidemic model and its approximation, Nonlinear Anal. 35 (1999), 797-814
- M.-Y. Kim and E.-J. Park, Fully discrete mixed finite element approximations for Non-Darcy flows in porous media, v.38, no.11-12 (1999) 113-129
- Mi-Young Kim, Eun-Jae Park, and Jungho Park, Mixed finite element domain decomposition for nonlinear parabolic problems, Comput. Math. Appl, v.40, no.9 (2000) 1061-1070
- Mimmo Iannelli, Mi-Young Kim, Eun-Jae Park, and Andrea Pugliese, Global boundedness of the solution to the Gurtin--MacCamy system, NoDEA Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applications, Vol.9, No. 2, pp. 197 - 216 2002
- J. Park and Eun-Jae Park,"An Accelerated Domain Decomposition Procedure for Nonconforming Primal Mixed Method For Elliptic and Parabolic Problems", Advances in Computation: Theory and Practice, Vol.3, pp. 331-340 2004
- C. Park, Eun-Jae Park, E. Woo, O. Kwon, J. Seo, "Static conductivity imaging using variational gradient Bz algorithm in Magnetic Resonance Electrical Impedance Tomography (MREIT)", Physiological Measurement, Vol.25, No. 1, pp. 257 - 269 2004. 02
- Nepomnyaschikh, Sergey V.; Park, Eun-Jae Preconditioning for heterogeneous problems. Domain decomposition methods in science and engineering, 415--422, Lect. Notes Comput. Sci. Eng., 40, Springer, Berlin, 2005.
- Park, Eun-Jae Mixed finite element methods for generalized Forchheimer flow in porous media. Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 21 (2005), no. 2, 213--228.
- Jeon, Youngmok; Park, Eun-Jae; Sheen, Dongwoo A cell boundary element method for elliptic problems. Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 21 (2005), no. 3, 496--511..
- Kwon, Ohin; Park, Chunjae; Park, Eun-Jae; Seo, Jin Keun; Woo, Eung Je Electrical conductivity imaging using a variational method in $B\sb z$-based MREIT. Inverse Problems 21 (2005), no. 3, 969--980.
- Jeon, Youngmok; Park, Eun-Jae Cell boundary element methods for convection-diffusion equations. Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 5 (2006), no. 2, 309--319..
- Kim, Dongho; Park, Eun-Jae Primal mixed finite-element approximation of elliptic equations with gradient nonlinearities. Comput. Math. Appl. 51 (2006), no. 5, 793--804.
- S. Nepomnyaschikh, Eun-Jae Park, and Jungho Park, Preconditioning for Anisotropic Problem by Mixed Finite Element Methods, Preprint
- Kim, Dongho; Park, Eun-Jae A posteriori error estimator for expanded mixed hybrid methods. Numer. Methods Partial Differential Equations 23 (2007), no. 2, 330--349.
- Kim, Mi-Young; Park, Eun-Jae; Thomas, Sunil G.; Wheeler, Mary F. A multiscale mortar mixed finite element method for slightly compressible flows in porous media. J. Korean Math. Soc. 44 (2007), no. 5, 1103--1119.
- Jeon, Youngmok; Park, Eun-Jae Cell boundary element methods for elliptic problems. Hokkaido Math. J. 36 (2007), no. 4, 669--685.
- Kim, Dongho; Park, Eun-Jae A posteriori error estimators for the upstream weighting mixed methods for convection diffusion problems. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg. 197 (2008), no. 6-8, 806--820.
- Jeon, Youngmok; Park, Eun-Jae Nonconforming cell boundary element methods for elliptic problems on triangular mesh. Appl. Numer. Math. 58 (2008), no. 6, 800--814.
- Kim, Dongho; Park, Eun-Jae Adaptive Crank-Nicolson methods with dynamic finite-element spaces for parabolic problems. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. B 10 (2008), no. 4, 873--886.
- Park, Eun-Jae Locally conservative multiscale methods for Darcy equations, Oberwolfach Reports Vol.6 (2009), no.2 pp. 1632--1634.
- S. Cho, D. Kim, M.-Y. Kim, and Eun-Jae Park, Numerical discretization of a population diffusion equation, J. KSIAM Vol.14 (2010), No.3, 189-200.
- Kim, Dongho; Park, Eun-Jae, A Priori and A Posteriori Analysis of Mixed Finite Element Methods for Nonlinear Elliptic Equations, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. Volume 48 (2010), no. 3, pp. 1186-1207.
- Ku, JaEun; Park, Eun-Jae, A posteriori error estimators for first-order least-squares finite element method, J. Comput. Appl. Math. 235 (2010), no. 1, pp. 293-300. .
- Jeon, Youngmok; Park, Eun-Jae A hybrid discontinuous Galerkin method for elliptic problems, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 48 (2010), no. 5, pp. 1968-1983.
- Carsten Carstensen, Dongho Kim, and Eun-Jae Park A Priori and A Posteriori Pseudostress-velocity Mixed Finite Element Error Analysis for the Stokes Problem, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 49 (2011), pp. 2501-2523.
- Carsten Carstensen, Joscha Gedicke, and Eun-Jae Park, Numerical Experiments for the Arnold-Winther Mixed Finite Elements for the Stokes Problem, SIAM J. Scientific Computing 34 (2012), no. 4, A2267-A2287.
Eun-Jae Park, Adaptive mixed finite element methods and new hybrid discontinuous Galerkin method, Oberwolfach Reports Vol.9 (2012).
- Youngmok Jeon and Eun-Jae Park, New locally conservative finite element methods on a rectangular mesh, Numerische Mathematik 123 (2013), no.1, pp 97-119.
- Sangita Yadav, Amiya Kumar Pani, Eun-Jae Park, Superconvergent discontinuous Galerkin methods for nonlinear elliptic equations, Mathematics of Computation, Volume 82, Number 283 (2013), pp. 1297-1335.
- X. Chen, Eun-Jae Park, and Dongbin Xiu, A Flexible Numerical Approach for Quantification of Epistemic Uncertainty, Journal of Computational Physics 240 (2013), 211-224.
- Eun-Jae Park and Boyoon Seo, An upstream pseudostress-velocity mixed formulation for the Oseen equations, Bull. Korean Math. Soc. 51 No.1 (2014), 267-285.
- Dongho Kim, Eun-Jae Park and Boyoon Seo, Two-scale product approximation for semilinear parabolic problems in mixed methods, J. Korean Math. Soc 51 no. 2 (2014), 267-288.
- Sungmin Cho and Eun-Jae Park, A Nonconforming Primal Mixed Finite Element Method for the Stokes Equations, Bull. Korean Math. Soc. 51 (Nov. 2014), No. 6, pp. 1655-1668
- Sungmin Cho, S.V. Nepomnyaschikh, Eun-Jae Park, Domain decomposition preconditioning for elliptic problems with jumps in coefficients, Computers & Mathematics with Applications Vol. 68,No. 12 Part B, (Dec. 2014), pp.2292-2313.
- Youngmok Jeon, Eun-Jae Park, Dongwoo Sheen, A hybridized finite element method for the Stokes problem, Computers & Mathematics with Applications Vol. 68,No. 12 Part B, (Dec. 2014), pp.2222-2232.
- Carsten Carstensen and Eun-Jae Park, Special Issue Advances in Computational Partial Differential Equations Preface, Computers & Mathematics with Applications Vol. 68,No. 12 Part B, (Dec. 2014), pp.2149-2150.
- Jeongho Ahn and Eun-Jae Park, A dynamic frictionless contact of a nonlinear beam with two stops, Applicable Analysis, Vol.94,No.7 (2015), pp.1355-1379.
- Dong-wook Shin, Youngmok Jeon, and Eun-Jae Park, A hybrid discontinuous Galerkin method for advection-diffusion-reaction problems, Applied Numerical Mathematics, 95 (2015), pp.292-303.
- Carstensen, Carsten; Park, Eun-Jae, Convergence and optimality of adaptive least squares finite element methods, SIAM J. Numer. Anal. 53 (2015), no. 1, 43-62.
- Cai, Zhiqiang; Carey, Varis; Ku, JaEun; Park, Eun-Jae Asymptotically exact a posteriori error estimators for first-order div least-squares methods in local and global norm. Comput. Math. Appl. 70 (2015), no. 4, 648-659.
- Borzi, A.; Park, E.-J.; Vallejos Lass, M. Multigrid optimization methods for the optimal control of convection-diffusion problems with bilinear control. J. Optim. Theory Appl. 168 (2016), no. 2, 510-533
- Kim, Tae-Yeon; Park, Eun-Jae; Shin, Dong-wook A C0-discontinuous Galerkin method for the stationary quasi-geostrophic equations of the ocean. Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Engrg. 300 (2016), 225-244
Hybrid Spectral Difference Methods for an Elliptic Equation, Comput. Methods Appl. Math. vol.17 no.2 (Apr 2017), 253-267
Youngmok Jeon, Eun-Jae Park, and Dong-wook Shin,